- Requires mandatory cultural competency training
Mandatory Cultural Competency Training Legislation Timeline
Select the bill number to view the original bill
July 8, 2019
HB 7303 Passed
Substitute House Bill No. 7303 requires all dental hygienists seeking license renewals to complete at least one contact hour of cultural competency training within the previous 24-month period.
July 1, 2019
SB 827 Passed
Substitute Senate Bill No. 827 requires physicians and nurses, who treat patients with Alzheimer’s disease or Dementia, to complete at least one contact hour of cultural competency training as a part their license renewal within the previous 24-month period.
May 31, 2019
HB 7132 Engrossed
Substitute House Bill No. 7132 would have required professional counselors, professional counselor associates, marital or marriage and family therapists, and marital or marriage and family therapist associates to complete at least one hour of cultural competency training for annual license renewal.
May 17, 2019
SB 1078 Engrossed
Substitute Senate Bill No. 1078 would have required doulas to complete cultural competency training as a mandatory requirement to obtain their doula state certification.
October 1, 2009
HB 6678 Passed
House Bill No. 6678 requires licensees applying for a renewal of their license to practice a health profession regulated under a state health board to complete at least one hour of cultural competency training.
Expand your knowledge of culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) and share it with others!
- Explore Think Cultural Health’s resources about CLAS.
- Share this brochure about CLAS with your colleagues and networks.
- Visit this page to find information about your elected officials.
- Find the minority health point of contact for your state or territory on this page to stay informed about the development of health policies and programs.
- Follow the Office of Minority Health on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share articles, posts, and information to increase awareness of CLAS.