- Proposed, but does not have, mandatory cultural competency traning
Mandatory Cultural Competency Training Legislation Timeline
Select the bill number to view the original bill
May 3, 2019
SB 188 Postponed Indefinitely
Senate Bill No. SB188 would have required mental health counselors to have completed mandatory graduate-level coursework on social and cultural foundations as part of their core curriculum requirements in order to obtain their license.
Expand your knowledge of culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) and share it with others!
- Explore Think Cultural Health’s resources about CLAS.
- Share this brochure about CLAS with your colleagues and networks.
- Visit this page to find information about your elected officials.
- Find the minority health point of contact for your state or territory on this page to stay informed about the development of health policies and programs.
- Follow the Office of Minority Health on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share articles, posts, and information to increase awareness of CLAS.