- Proposed, but does not have, mandatory cultural competency traning
Mandatory Cultural Competency Training Legislation Timeline
Select the bill number to view the original bill
May 8, 2019
SB 255 Retained in Committee
Senate Bill No. 255 would have required mandatory minimum dementia training for direct care staff in residential facilities and community-based settings to be provided in a culturally competent manner. Direct care staff includes: certified nursing assistants, nurse aides, personal care assistants, home health or personal care aides, licensed practical nurses, licensed vocational nurses, registered nurses, social workers, activity directors, and dietary staff.
Expand your knowledge of culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) and share it with others!
- Explore Think Cultural Health’s resources about CLAS.
- Share this brochure about CLAS with your colleagues and networks.
- Visit this page to find information about your elected officials.
- Find the minority health point of contact for your state or territory on this page to stay informed about the development of health policies and programs.
- Follow the Office of Minority Health on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share articles, posts, and information to increase awareness of CLAS.