- Requires mandatory cultural competency training
Mandatory Cultural Competency Training Legislation Timeline
Select the bill number to view the original bill
March 24, 2005
SB 144 Passed
Senate Bill No. 144 requires that the curriculum in each college of medicine in New Jersey include instruction in cultural competency. Completion of cultural competency instruction shall be required as a condition of receiving a diploma from a college of medicine in New Jersey. A person, who received a diploma from a college of medicine in New Jersey, or a physician licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey prior to the effective date of this act, who was not required to receive and did not receive instruction in cultural competency as part of a medical school curriculum, shall be required to document completion of cultural competency training for relicensure.
Expand your knowledge of culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) and share it with others!
- Explore Think Cultural Health’s resources about CLAS.
- Share this brochure about CLAS with your colleagues and networks.
- Visit this page to find information about your elected officials.
- Find the minority health point of contact for your state or territory on this page to stay informed about the development of health policies and programs.
- Follow the Office of Minority Health on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share articles, posts, and information to increase awareness of CLAS.