- Proposed, but does not have, mandatory cultural competency traning
Mandatory Cultural Competency Training Legislation Timeline
Select the bill number to view the original bill
March 12, 2019
SB 88 Referred to Committee
Senate Bill No. 88 would have required health care professionals (dentists, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, optometrists, pharmacists, physicians, podiatrists, psychologists, independent social workers, social workers, and social work assistants) to complete instruction or continuing education in cultural competency to be eligible for or to renew a license, certificate, or registration issued by a state licensing board.
Expand your knowledge of culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) and share it with others!
- Explore Think Cultural Health’s resources about CLAS.
- Share this brochure about CLAS with your colleagues and networks.
- Visit this page to find information about your elected officials.
- Find the minority health point of contact for your state or territory on this page to stay informed about the development of health policies and programs.
- Follow the Office of Minority Health on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share articles, posts, and information to increase awareness of CLAS.