- Requires mandatory cultural competency training
Mandatory Cultural Competency Training Legislation Timeline
Select the bill number to view the original bill
March 8, 2018
SB 5700 Died in Committee
Senate Bill No. 5700 would have required long-term care professionals to complete a one-time mandatory cultural competency training, on issues related to the LGBTQ population, by their next continuing education due date. This training would have been mandated for home care aides, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, adult family home owners, resident managers, assisted living facility owners, administrators of assisted living facilities, nursing home owners and administrators.
March 10, 2016
SB 5151 Referred to Committee
Senate Bill No. 5151 would have required the state health professional boards to adopt rules requiring a person authorized to practice the profession regulated by the health professional board to receive cultural competency continuing education training.
March 27, 2006
SB 6194 Passed
Senate Bill No. 6194 requires that by July 1, 2008, each education program with a curriculum to train health professionals for employment in a profession credentialed by a health professional board must include instruction in multicultural health.
Expand your knowledge of culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) and share it with others!
- Explore Think Cultural Health’s resources about CLAS.
- Share this brochure about CLAS with your colleagues and networks.
- Visit this page to find information about your elected officials.
- Find the minority health point of contact for your state or territory on this page to stay informed about the development of health policies and programs.
- Follow the Office of Minority Health on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share articles, posts, and information to increase awareness of CLAS.